|Wizards of Waverly Place|
The show's title card showing characters Justin Russo, Alex Russo, and Max Russo.
|Created by||Todd J. Greenwald|
|Starring|| Selena Gomez |
Jake T. Austin
Maria Canals Barrera
|Theme music composer|| John Adair |
and Steve Hampton
|Opening theme||"Everything is Not What It Seems" by Selena Gomez|
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of seasons||4|
|No. of episodes||106 (List of episodes)|
| Todd J. Greenwald|
|Camera setup||Videotape, Multi-camera|
|Running time||22-23 minutes|
|Original channel||Disney Channel|
|Picture format|| 480i (SDTV, s1-s2),|
720p (HDTV, s3-s4)
|First aired||October 12, 2007|
|Last aired||January 6, 2012|
The series was created by Todd J. Greenwald, and is produced by It's a Laugh Productions, Inc. and Disney Channel Original Productions.  The show stars Selena Gomez, David Henrie and Jake T. Austin as three siblings with magic abilities.
The show centers on the Russo family, which includes Alex (Selena Gomez), Justin (David Henrie), and their younger brother Max (Jake T. Austin), Alex's best friend Harper (Jennifer Stone) is also part of the storyline. The three are wizards and live with their Italian-American father Jerry, and their Mexican-American mother, Theresa.
The children aren't allowed to use magic without supervision, and only one of the three will keep their magic abilities once they are adults, and this will be determined by a magic competition. Jerry (their father) once did this competition and won, but gave his powers up and gave them to his brother Kelbo to marry their mortal mother Theresa, because a wizard is not allowed to marry a mortal. Alex often gets into trouble for using magic unsupervised, Justin Russo always makes sure Alex doesn't get into any more trouble than she's already in and kisses up to his father, and learns lessons and morals relating to friends, family, and school. The theme song is composed by Steve Hampton and John Adair. It is of techno-pop style and is performed by Selena Gomez.
- Waverly Sub Station is the Russo Family's sandwich shop. All three children have to help by working there but in their spare time they can hang out there.
- The Magic Lair is where the Russo kids have magic lessons with their father Jerry. Once Alex and her Uncle Kelbo turned into sea nymphs and they had to figure out how to get them back into people and the lair needed to be in wateriness. Often, the freezer is used as a portal between the Waverly Sub Station, and the Russo home. There is also a portal in the Lair to the Wizard World where Wiztech is. In the episode Zeke Finds Out, Zeke refers it as a "closet of fog".
- The Loft is where the Russo family lives. It is also connected to the magic lair (the room with the portal to the Wizard World and other magical things) and the Waverly Sub Station.
- Waverly Place is outside of the Waverly Sub Station. Mainly, the pedestrian-only alleyway is shot and Waverly Place is only shot on certain occasions like in the episode First Kiss, prior to the crystal ball scene.
- Tribeca Prep is the school that Justin, Alex, Max, and their friends attend.
- WizTech is the magic school where Alex and Justin attend in "Wizard School" and that Max also attends in "Saving WizTech".
- Main article: List of Wizards of Waverly Place characters
- Alex Russo (Selena Gomez), a wizard in training, is the middle child and only daughter in the Russo family and makes crazy pranks on on her brothers and uses magic a lot when not nessicary.
- Justin Russo (David Henrie), a wizard in training, is the oldest child in the Russo family and is the smartest.
- Max Russo (Jake T. Austin), a wizard in training, is the youngest child in the Russo family.
- Jerry Russo (David DeLuise) is Justin, Alex, and Max's father and is a former wizard.
- Theresa Russo (Maria Canals Barrera) is Jerry's wife and Justin, Alex, and Max's mother. She isn't a wizard, but knows about the magical world and power of her children.
- Harper Finkle (Jennifer Stone) is Alex's best friend and becomes aware of the Russo's wizard powers in the second season.
- Main article: List of Wizards of Waverly Place episodes
|Season||Ep #||First Airdate||Last Airdate|
|Season 1||21||October 12, 2007||August 31, 2008|
|Season 2||30||September 12, 2008|
- Main article: Wizards of Waverly Place The Movie
After announcing a third season, Gary Marsh, president of Disney Channel Worldwide said, "We knew we wanted her (Selena Gomez) as a star in the Disney Channel universe." Disney will release merchandise based on the series in the fall of 2009. A video game and a soundtrack based on the series will be released in August 2009.
|Name||Included Episodes||US Release Date||DVD Extras|
|Wizards of Waverly Place: Wizard School||Wizard School Part 1, Wizard School Part 2, Curb Your Dragon, Disenchanted Evening||July 29, 2008||Work it like a wizard - Selena, Jake, and David's favorite things to do.|
|Wizards of Waverly Place: Supernaturally Stylin||Credit Check, Smarty Pants, Beware Wolf, Graphic Novel||February 10, 2009||Fashionista Presto Chango! Go Behind The Scenes With The Stars For Some Wardrobe Magic!|
The show's complete first season will be released on September 10, 2009 in Germany.
The show debuted on Disney Channel on October 12, 2007 and drew 5.9 million viewers. In February 2009, the episode "Helping Hand" broke the record for the largest audience in the 7PM (Eastern Time) time period on the Disney Channel, with a total of 4.5 million viewers.
In June 2009, "Paint By Committee" became the series' most-watched episode with 6.0 million viewers. The episode aired after Princess Protection Program, which contributed to the episode's ratings.
- ↑ Disney Channel Media Net (September 6, 2007). Premier of Kids and Family Sitcom "Wizards of Waverly Place" ... "Friday, February 15 on Disney Channel". Press release. http://www.disneychannelmedianet.com/DNR/2007/doc/Wizards_Witches_Weekrelease.doc. Retrieved on 2007-09-20. "premiere episode, "Crazy Ten Minute Sale,""
- ↑ Wizard For a Day is 230 and episode 222 has is to even listed
- ↑ "Wizards of Waverly Place Movie". Disney Channel. Retrieved on 2009-07-12.
- ↑ http://www.seattlepi.com/tvguide/405780_tvgif1.html
- ↑ http://www.atamaii.com/selena-gomez.html
- ↑ http://hmv.com/hmvweb/displayProductDetails.do?ctx=280;-1;-1;-1;-1&sku=11116
- ↑ "Wizards of Waverly Place [SOUNDTRACK]". Amazon.com. Retrieved on 2009-06-09.
- ↑ Amazon.com: The Wizards of Waverly Place: Wizard School: Todd J. Greenwald: Movies & TV
- ↑ DisneyDVD.com: The Wizards of Waverly Place: Supernaturally Stylin': Todd J. Greenwald: Movies & TV
- ↑ http://www.amazon.de/Die-Zauberer-vom-Waverly-Place/dp/B002CO8VF8/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1247937808&sr=8-5