|The Jennie Project|
|Directed by||Gary Nadeau|
|Produced by|| Charles Hirschhorn|
|Written by|| Douglas Preston|
|Starring|| Lance Guest|
Alex D. Linz
Sheryl Lee Ralph
|Music by||Phil Marshall|
|Distributed by||Disney Channel|
|Release date(s)||July 13, 2001|
|Running time||76 min.|
The Jennie Project is a Disney Channel Original Movie that was released in the summer of 2001. The film was based on the book Jennie by Douglas Preston. The movie is about a chimpanzee who knows and uses American Sign Language to communicate.
Hugo Archibald (Guest) is a doctor and brings home a wide variety of exotic animal species. The latest animal he brings home is a chimpanzee named Jennie. Jennie is unique in that she is learning to use and understand sign language. Jennie becomes an important part of Archibald family and Dr. Archibald's son, Andrew (Linz), develops a close relationship with her. Jennie loves the things Andrew does, such as baseball and comic books. Jennie is also there for Andrew when he and his father disagree. The relationship between Jennie and Andrew eventually brings the whole family closer together.
- Alex D. Linz - Andrew Archibald
- Sheila Kelley - Leah Archibald
- Lance Guest - Hugo Archibald
- Abigail Mavity - Sarah Archibald
- Sheryl Lee Ralph - Dr. Pamela Prentiss
- Joel McKinnon Miller - Frank
- Fran Bennett - Judge
- Earl Boen - Reverend Palliser
- Kenneth Kimmins - Epstein
- Janet Rotblatt - Mrs. Palliser
- The movie was actually filmed in San Diego's Balboa Park in areas resembling jungle. Other locations included the Museum of Man (where Hugo Archibald works in the film) and the San Diego Zoo.
- The chimpanzee, known in the film as "Jennie", was actually an animal borrowed for the film from the San Diego Zoo.
Jett Jackson: The Movie
|Disney Channel Original Movies|| Succeeded by|
- The Jennie Project at the Internet Movie Database