| Single by The Cheetah Girls|
from the album The Cheetah Girls 2
|Released||August 8, 2006 (digital download)|
|Length||Single Version - 3:19|
|Record label||Walt Disney|
|The Cheetah Girls singles chronology|
"Strut" is the second single from The Cheetah Girls 2 movie soundtrack. It officially premiered on Radio Disney on June 2, 2006. The single was released officially for digital download on August 8, 2006.
The song was produced by Jamie Houston. The single debuted at #60 on the Billboard Hot 100, becoming their second single to chart. The song is their most successful single considered that it's their highest peaking single to date, peaking at #53 on the Billboard charts.
The Cheetah Girls did not shoot a video for the single because the song was from their new movie The Cheetah Girls 2 and was used to promote the movie. Because of that, the video for the song features clips from the movie and the girls dancing, singing and running through the streets of Barcelona which is also a clip from the movie/musical. It premiered on August 12, 2006 on Disney Channel.
The track features Adrienne Bailon on lead vocals and ad-libs, Raven-Symoné, Sabrina Bryan and Kiely Williams have some solo verses and sing the chorus with Bailon. When live, Bailon, Bryan and Williams took Symoné's parts. All 3 girls sings the chorus.
- "Radio Disney Exclusive Interview"
- "Cheetah Girls 2 Trailer" (Video, Only available on iTunes)
|U.S. Billboard Hot 100||53|
|U.S. Billboard Pop 100||84|
- Peter Vives sings on the track and is also in the music video. Until the release of The Cheetah Girls 2 he was never credited. However he is simply listed as "Angel" on the inside booklet of The Cheetah Girls 2.
- This was the followup single to The Party's Just Begun, and was the most successful single yet, and yet was quickly followed up by Step Up.
- While performing at The Disney Channel Games, they shortened the song. The song opened with their opening lines of the song excluding Raven's, and before the second chorus they added a brief dance mix. The rest of the song was intact.