|People Who Use People|
|Season 1, Episode 18|
|Air Date||November 3, 2006|
|Previous||Torn Between Two Hannahs|
|Next|| Money for Nothing,|
Guilt for Free
"People Who Use People" is the eighteenth episode of the first season. The title refers the song "People" from Funny Girl, which includes the lyrics "People who need people."
When Miley finds out that Jake has a friend named Holly, Miley mistakes her as his new girlfriend. She still has feelings for Jake, so Miley starts hanging out with a boy named Willis (who told her that he is graduating) in order to make Jake jealous. While on a date with Willis, Miley finds out that Willis is actually a childish boy who is only 11¾ and graduating elementary school, not high school like Miley thought. Jake later tells Miley that he and Holly are only together for publicity. After some arguing involving who likes who, Jake spontaneously grabs Miley and kisses her on the lips. Miley and Jake decide to become a couple and Jake asks Miley if she is available Saturday four months from now for a date. Jake has to fly off to Romania for four months because he is going to shoot a movie that Frankie Muniz dropped out of. She then pushes Jake, and makes him fall down, because she is annoyed that Jake kissed her and is now leaving.
- The exterior of the bowling alley is the same one as in the episode "Bowling" from The Suite Life of Zack and Cody.
- The Miley line "What are you talkin' 'bout, Willis?" is a reference to the 1978-1986 sitcom Diff'rent Strokes.
- The front of the bowling alley says "Parkway Lanes", but later as they move on inside, the interior says "Malibu Lanes."
- In this episode, Jake kisses Miley and then says he's leaving for four months. But in the episode, "Achy Jakey Heart: Part 1", Miley says Jake was gone for six months.
- While Willis and Miley are arguing, Willis has silly string in his hair. When the shots change the silly string is gone.