Less than 15
Vivian Garcia-Shapiro, Pinky
- “Hi, Phineas. Whatcha doin'?”
- ―Isabella's most recognizable line.
- “Calm down, girls. Have you forgotten who we are? We're Fireside Girls Troop 46321 and we never give up!”
- ―Isabella to Fireside Girls troop 46231
Isabella Garcia-Shapiro is the neighbor and one of the best friends of Phineas Flynn and Ferb Fletcher. She lives in Danville on Maple Drive, across from Phineas and Ferb's house, with her mother, Vivian Garcia-Shapiro.
She has a huge crush on Phineas (though he doesn't seem to notice it) and spends most of her days participating or helping with his and Ferb's projects. She also spends time trying to earn Fireside Girls patches. She is also great friends with the members of her troop in the Fireside Girls. She is the main female protangist in Phineas and Ferb.
Isabella Garcia-Shapiro was born of a Hispanic mother and an unnamed and unseen Jewish-American father. At some point in her life, she met and befriended Phineas and Ferb (with the former becoming her crush). She also joined the local troop of Fireside Girls, and became the troop leader.
Isabella lives in Danville on Maple Drive, across from Phineas and Ferb with her mother, Vivian Garcia-Shapiro. She spends most of her days participating or helping with their many projects. She also spends time caring for her dog, Pinky or trying to earn Fireside Girls patches. She is also great friends with the members of her Fireside Girls troop, Gretchen, Milly, Ginger, Katie, Holly, and Adyson.
2nd Dimension Isabella's past life prior to Across the 2nd Dimension is unrevealed, other than she somehow became a member of The Resistance, worked her way up the ranks, and eventually became the second-in-command as well as the leader of the Firestorm Girls branch, specifically troop 246231. She is also assumed to have been born from Mexican and Jewish roots, like her 1st Dimension self.
Isabella meets Phineas-1 and Ferb-1, along with their 2nd Dimension counterparts, when they stumble upon the Resistance headquarters after falling down a chute along with Buford, resulting in their capture by the Firestorm Girls. Buford's presence gets her to release the four. She is present when Dr. Baljeet opens a portal to the 1st Dimension, which is later disrupted and closed by Candace-1. Isabella later accompanies Candace, Phineas-1, Ferb-1, Candace-1, and Buford to Doofenshmirtz Evil Incorporated aboard mine carts in their quest to save a captured Perry-1, to which the group finds out that Phineas and Ferb stowed away.
Accompanying Phineas-1, Ferb-1, Candace-1, and Buford to DEI, they are nearly captured by Doofenshmirtz and Doofenshmirtz-1, but Perry-1 manages to escape and the group reunites with Candace, Phineas, and Ferb. A resultant chase by the Norm bots forces Candace to seperate the mine cart containing the 1st Dimension characters from the others, to which Isabella looked genuinely concerned about.
She is later among the Resistance members that congratulate the 1st Dimension characters for defeating Doofenshmirtz 2 ("Phineas and Ferb The Movie: Across the 2nd Dimension").
Isabella is happy, fearless, quick-thinking, sweet, optimistic, caring, friendly, adorable, and spirited, eager to help with any of Phineas and Ferb's Big Ideas. Most of the time it is for patches, or simply because she has a crush on Phineas - she comes over every day just to see him. ("Rollercoaster: The Musical!") She is mostly optimistic, but she also cares for, and worries about people at certain times. This is shown when she is empathetic towards Candace having problems asking Jeremy out. ("Out to Launch") She also helped bring Phineas and Ferb out of a state of hypnotic dullness. ("Phineas and Ferb Interrupted") Being the leader of Fireside Girls troop 46231, she has fantastic leadership and organizational abilities, though she will follow Phineas' orders as well. However, she does gets jealous easily, and will get frustrated when some "thing" or someone that Phineas gives a lot of attention to other than Isabella ("The Chronicles of Meap", "That Sinking Feeling", "Phineas and Ferb Summer Belongs to You!"). She also didn't like how Melissa showed more interest in Candace than her ("We Call it Maze") and was visibly angry when Suzy and Candace repeated her trademark catchphrase "What'cha Doin'?" ("Suddenly Suzy"). Isabella has shown at least twice that she has a devious streak, taking advantage of a situation for her own benefit. These instances include her immediately jumping on Baljeet's wager of squid versus Buford ("Voyage to the Bottom of Buford"). She also buys a play with the carny Shady Joe when a bowling ball Phineas and Ferb built knocks down all the pins (along with the stand), although Shady Joe is cheating by having the pins taped onto the shelf ("Bowl-R-Ama Drama").
Unlike her 1st Dimension counterpart, Isabella is a tough, no-nonsense, and down-to-earth girl; she even says her catchphrase in a tough voice. She also appears to have a sense in fashion, as stated by both Candaces.
Known Patches in the Fireside Girls troop
- Troop Leader Patch (This patch is a miniature version of the Fireside Girls emblem. Only worn by past and present leaders)
- Aquatic Safety Patch ("Lawn Gnome Beach Party of Terror")
- Sewing Patch ("Run Away Runway")
- Milking Patch ("The Magnificent Few")
- Tonsillectomy Patch ("I Scream, You Scream")
- Tent Pitching Patch, Marshmallow Patch ("Get That Bigfoot Outa My Face!")
- Aeronautic Patch ("De Plane! De Plane!")
- Broadcasting Patch ("Let's Take a Quiz")
- Shrimp Net Repair Patch ("That Sinking Feeling")
- Sap Collecting Patch, I Just Saw A Cute Boy Patch, Help thy Neighbor Patch (52 as of Isabella and the Temple of Sap. ("Isabella and the Temple of Sap")
- Expert Makeover Patch ("Cheer Up Candace")
- Santa's Helper Patch ("Phineas and Ferb Christmas Vacation!")
- Mountain Moving Patch ("Phineas and Ferb-Busters!")
- Rodeo Clown Patch ("Robot Rodeo")
- Intrepid Reporter Patch ("The Beak")
- High Wire Patch (Twice "We Call it Maze")
- Desert Tracking Patch, Rain-forest/Jungle Navigation Patch, Rock-climbing Patch, Non-power Flight Patch, Swift Water Rescue Patch, Concussion First-aid Patch ("The Great Indoors")
- Whittling Patch ("Phineas and Ferb Interrupted")
- Golden Year Assistants Patch ("Lotsa Latkes")
Isabella is a slender child with long black hair with blue highlights, fair skin, and oval dark blue eyes. She wears a pink sleeveless dress that stops above her knees, revealing that she has long legs, like Ferb, with a white short-sleeve T-shirt underneath and a deep purple belt, white socks and pink shoes. The pink bow in her hair is thought to be her trademark, and she has only been seen without it on a few occasions (see background information below).
Her Fireside Girls uniform is the same format as her normal clothing, but with an orange sleeveless top, a white shirt exactly like her normal outfit, and a short brown skirt. She wears an orange beret with a red bow in the front. Her belt is red, and she has an accomplishment sash with it. She has white socks and red shoes with this outfit. She has been in more winter outfits than any other character in the show. Three of the more notable winter outfits are: As seen in the song S'Winter, is a purple fleece jacket, a pink miniskirt and pink shoes and her white socks, in the book "Oh Christmas Tree!", she wears a pink bow, a pink jacket, a white skirt, pink legwarmers, and white shoes, pink mittens and a pink/white earwarmer with this outfit. and in "Phineas and Ferb Christmas Vacation!", she wears a purple hat, purple bow, purple coat, purple scarf (loose wrap), purple mitten, and white boots. Her pajamas have purple stripes and she wears a purple bow.
In most episodes she does appears in, she is slightly taller than Phineas, but in a select few episodes, she is the same height or actually slightly shorter than Phineas. For swimming, her swimsuit consists of a fuscha-pink, one-piece bathing suit and her trademark pink bow, although she has been seen with three other swimsuits: A red one with her pink bow ("Lawn Gnome Beach Party of Terror"), a yellow one (Spot the Diff episode "Lawn Gnome Beach Party of Error", and a purple one ("Ready for the Bettys"). When she plays soccer, she wears a yellow and white shirt with the white mostly at the bottom of the shirt, yellow and white shorts, a yellow bow, changes her hair to be a ponytail that shows her ears, black and white cleats, and a yellow hair tie for the ponytail.("My Fair Goalie")
Isabella is physically identical to her 1st Dimension counterpart, although her eyes are slightly more oval-shaped due to her serious personality. She has only been seen in a silver shirt with torn sleeves; brown pants with diamond-shaped silver patches on the portion that covers her kneecaps; black shoes; gray gloves; a dark-green beret; a brown strap slung over her left shoulder, holding what appears to be rolled-up strips of paper; and a tan badge with a green circle at the center, with a red lightning-bolt insignia running across it (most likely the Firestorm Girls symbol). It is unknown if she had wore Dooferalls before the events of the movie.
Isabella has a huge crush on her neighbor/best friend Phineas. She has many romantic daydreams about him and also believes she will one day marry him, but she gеts angry if he does not notice her or is oblivious to her hints, which is generally whenever she acts romantically around him ("Phineas and Ferb's Quantum Boogaloo", "Isabella and the Temple of Sap", "Out to Launch", "Comet Kermillian", "Candace's Big Day", etc.). She cutely greets him with the phrase "Whatcha doin'?" She has even directly referred to Phineas as "The very thing she lives for." ("Isabella and the Temple of Sap") Also, Isabella revealed in the song What'cha Doin' that she is always dying to come over to his house to see him and ask 'What'cha Doin'?' and that she specifically says it to Phineas and not Ferb. She does this because it is for capturing Phineas' attention. Isabella swooned for "The Beak" a few times during "The Beak's Theme Song", not realizing that it was still Phineas she was swooning for.
One example of this is when Isabella and Phineas were alone in Paris looking for parts, and Isabella was trying to be romantic, but Phineas seemed very oblivious to her. Then when the boat crash landed on the deserted island and Phineas tried to find something to fix the boat, Isabella began crying because Phineas didn't even take notice of her and she would have given anything for Phineas to sit down next to her and enjoy the sunset. Then Phineas ran up next to her, having a small mental breakdown, desperately thinking of an idea to get off of the island. Figuring that none of the ideas would work, he gave up hope entirely and sat down with Isabella to enjoy the sunset with her. Seeing how broken Phineas was, Isabella realized that this wasn't the amazing kid she had fallen in love with, so she gave him a pep talk, and almost admitting her love for him in the process, but she quickly caught herself and said something else. She then mentioned Ferb's map and Phineas thanked her for the inspiration with a hug, leaving her in a trance. Later when they make it back to Danville, Isabella hugs Phineas for regaining his confidence to achieve his goal. Not even 30 seconds later they sing a duet (Summer Belongs to You!) with Phineas taking her hand several times and also showing several signs that he returns her feelings for him ("Phineas and Ferb: Summer Belongs To You!").
However, when Phineas constructs a device to find cute things to search for Meap, he says he had took Isabella's cuteness into account and adjusted the settings accordingly ("The Chronicles of Meap"). When he puts the settings back to normal, the device overloads from an excessively strong cute signal from her. She uses her position as Fireside Girls troop leader to stay near him and participate in his Big Ideas, under the guise of earning "Help Thy Neighbor" patches. It is unsure whether Phineas has the same feelings towards Isabella, but mostly he seems oblivious. Phineas feels bad about ditching her, and also says that he cannot tell her he is The Beak because she is "close to him" ("The Beak"). Also, when Isabella tells Phineas he is brave, he replies with, "You were too!". She learns that she will be an aunt to Candace's children. Although who she married was unknown, it will likely be Phineas, since Phineas is now being shown returning Isabella's feelings. She sometimes disguises her affection for him (but very rarely) like hugging him in a crowd when everyone is hugging Perry, Isabella hugs Phineas instead ("Oh, There You Are, Perry"). In "The Great Indoors", Phineas helps Isabella get patches after rain spoils her plans to get them, which had made her sad. The rain was caused by Heinz Doofenshmirtz's Rain-inator. In "Canderemy", Isabella wanted Phineas to go to a sold-out Stumbleberry Finklebat movie, but Phineas interrupted her so he could finish his robo-dog (as seen in the short version of Today is Gonna Be a Great Day). At the end Phineas goes with her, but with Ferb combined with him from Heinz Doofenshmirtz's Combine-inator.
While on hot air balloons, Isabella's balloon is behind Phineas's. Isabella asks him what he's doing, seeing him fidgeting with something on his balloon. He explains that his wheel is broken, but he stops talking because he heard something behind him. He turns around to see Isabella, who asked if he needs help fixing it. Phineas replied, asking her to hold the wheel still. Isabella immediately jumps on the opportunity and holds the wheel still, obviously overjoyed that she can put her arms around Phineas. Phineas didn't seem to mind, and replied by saying she is holding it perfectly, partially hinting that he likes having her arms around him. Isabella smiled and they stay in the same balloon together for the rest of the ride ("Last Train to Bustville"). On Phineas' birthday, Isabella helps create a digital video for his birthday. She created some digital editing voices for herself when Phineas' quoting: "We´ll be together forever Isabella" and "Isabella, will you marry me?". Later that day, Phineas stateed that he enjoyed being around the people he loves. While he says this, a tear runs down Isabella. This may mean that Phineas may like her now as more than a friend. ("Phineas' Birthday Clip-O-Rama!")
Phineas explains that the teleport function of his and Ferb's prototype cellphone, built for Candace, will "take you to the place or person you're trying to reach." He demonstrates this by asking Isabella to stand on the driveway, to which she willingly agrees. Phineas specifies Isabella's name to the phone ("Go to: Isabella"), and is transported directly beside her - so close, in fact, their noses touch. Isabella asks Phineas what he's doing ("Hey, Phineas. What'cha doin'?"), to which Phineas responds "I'm transporting!" Neither flinch, pull their noses away, or appear flustered throughout the exchange. Isabella seems very pleased with the close contact - that is, until Phineas transports back to the garage and she angrily replies with a "Dang it!" ("Candace Disconnected"). As the song Aerial Area Rug starts, Phineas reaches out for Isabella's hand to help her onto the flying carpet. They are also seen looking into each other's eyes, lying down close to each other, or just sitting down together away from everyone else throughout the duration of the song. ("Magic Carpet Ride")
Near the end of the Disney Channel Orginal movie, Carl is going to wipe the memories of everyone who found out that Perry was a secret agent using a machine called the "amnesia-inator". Isabella asks Major Monogram if the machine would make them forget everything that happened that day, he assures her of it, and she kisses Phineas. She then tells Carl to fire up the machine, much to the dissatisfaction of Phineas, who proceeds to cry out "Wait, wait, WAIT", showing that he didn't want to forget that moment, and that he may have feelings for Isabella after all and that would also mean that Phineas would have preferred to remember the kiss than lose Perry. In the episode "Ferb Latin", Phineas and Isabella danced and sang together while singing the Ferb Latin song about the new language, Ferb Latin, and he smiled at her sweetly.
As Isabella walks towards the stool to sing Let it Snow, Let it Snow, Let it Snow, Phineas looks at her endearingly. The song Let it Snow, Let it Snow, Let it Snow has a romantic nature and during the song, Isabella lightly kisses a snowman shaped like Phineas on the nose. The snowman quickly melts after she does this. She also forms a heart with her fingers around a Phineas shaped silloette in a window. ("A Phineas and Ferb Family Christmas").
When Phineas, Ferb, Isabella, and Candace time-traveled to the future, Candace's future daughter Amanda noted that Isabella looks like "Aunt Isabella". Thrilled, Isabella realized that she will marry into the Flynn-Fletcher family in 20 years and exclaimed to Candace that she must have married Phineas. However, Candace reminded her that she could have married Ferb, which sent Isabella into speechless shock ("Phineas and Ferb's Quantum Boogaloo"). When Candace was planning her Aunt Tiana's wedding, Phineas said, "I got to have her plan my wedding. Ferb, make a note of it," to which Isabella interrupts with, "I got it," indicating that she intends to one day marry Phineas ("Candace's Big Day"). Many of her dreams always end with Phineas asking her to marry him ("Isabella the Hero").
Isabella is good friends with Ferb, likely because he's the stepbrother of her crush, although she seems to get annoyed when Ferb goes wherever Phineas goes. Along with Candace, she has outright stated that Ferb is Phineas' stepbrother ("Rollercoaster"). Unlike her relationship with Phineas, Isabella shows no romantic interest in Ferb. However, after time-traveling to the future, she learned that she might marry Phineas or Ferb ("Phineas and Ferb's Quantum Boogaloo"). Upon this discovery, Ferb turned around and winked at Isabella, who was stunned at the possibility that she may marry someone else other than Phineas. This may indicate that Ferb may harbor a bit of affection for Isabella, or that Ferb just fancies himself a ladies' man ("Thaddeus and Thor"). It is also possible he was simply teasing her. Ferb is slightly irritated when Phineas gets all of Isabella's attention and praise for being a superhero ("The Beak") or it can be just the thought of him being the one who controls the lower half and Phineas gets all the attention. When they were stranded on the uncharted island, Ferb listened while Isabella talked about Phineas not noticing her, and offered her a handkerchief when she started crying. He knows about Isabella's crush on Phineas and he also walked away when Phineas came to leave them alone. ("Phineas and Ferb Summer Belongs to You!"). It is most likely that he does not have affection for Isabella since he has more affection for Vanessa Doofenshmirtz ("I Scream, You Scream").
Isabella is friends with Baljeet. They hang out on occasion, usually when they are brought together by Phineas and Ferb's Big Ideas. She won a bet against him on who would win the fight between Buford and the squid ("Voyage to the Bottom of Buford"). Though when trying to find the purpose of a machine Baljeet did jump at the chance to have a romantic dinner with Isabella, even a staged one. Isabella told him he ran at the table ("What Do It Do?"). This is also hinted when Baljeet asked Isabella if he made a good Phineas, she responds with "No, no you weren't." ("Not Phineas and Ferb"). When Phineas and Ferb built a super computer, Isabella is seen thinking about Phineas on the super computer. This makes Baljeet mad, showing he may have a crush on her ("Ask a Foolish Question").
Buford Van Stomm
When they play sports or games, Buford usually mocks her for being a girl, and therefore less of a competitor in his eyes. Isabella takes this very seriously and refuses to let Buford beat her ("Got Game?", "Brain Drain"). When she saw Buford crying about his lost goldfish, she expressed concern and worry about him ("Voyage to the Bottom of Buford"). She also stood up to the video-game boss (designed in Buford's image), and defeated him after he threatened Phineas ("Gaming the System"), though technically this was not the real Buford.
Isabella and Candace are good friends. They both know about each others' respective crushes and share advice and experiences at times ("One Good Scare Ought to Do It!", "Out to Launch", "Phineas and Ferb's Quantum Boogaloo", "Phineas and Ferb-Busters!", "Phineas and Ferb Summer Belongs to You!"). While in Paris, Isabella felt jealous of Candace's relationship with Jeremy since Isabella didn't get hers ("Phineas and Ferb: Summer Belongs To You!"). When Isabella excitedly realized that Candace's future daughter called her "Aunt Isabella", meaning that she married into the Flynn-Fletcher family, Candace reminds her that she could marry either Phineas or Ferb as a counterbalance ("Phineas and Ferb's Quantum Boogaloo"). Candace teamed up with Isabella to beat Buford and Baljeet ("Got Game?"). Isabella also helped Candace get a ticket to the Paisley Sideburn Brothers Concert ("Fireside Girl Jamboree"). Even though they like each other in general, Isabella was mad at Candace when Melissa was more interested in Candace's achievements than Isabella's, yet they became reconciled when Candace admitted that if it had not been for Isabella, she would have never gained 50 Accomplishment Patches in a single day ("We Call it Maze"). Interestingly, Candace doesn't try to bust Isabella in Not Phineas and Ferb, even though she acknowleged that Isabella was in the backyard. This may mean that they are very good firends. In a future episode, revealed during a talk session with some of the Phineas and Ferb cast and creators on July 9, 2011 in New York City, Isabella will ask Candace for romantic advice.
As the troop's leader, the Fireside Girls always follow Isabella's orders, always ready, and willing to do whatever it takes to help their leader in helping Phineas and Ferb, even risking themselves to do it, like driving a van to get sap ("Isabella and the Temple of Sap"). Although the girls are loyal to Isabella, and have earned many badges in helping the boys, they have voiced that they've collected more than fifty of the 'helping thy neighbor' badge because of it. They're also aware of Isabella's crush on Phineas and her desire to marry him, and they jokingly tease her for it ("Isabella and the Temple of Sap"). Even so, they remain friends with the boys and squealed with delight when Phineas invited Isabella on a romantic cruise ("That Sinking Feeling"). Also, Gretchen sometimes reminds her of what they were going to do when the troop needed to get sap from a rare tree so the troop can earn their "Sap Collecting Patches"("Isabella and the Temple of Sap").
Jeremy seemed to like Isabella's idea in "Got Game?" about Candace being on Isabella's team. He also called her Miss when he wanted a table for him and Candace in "Chez Platypus".
Not much is known about their relationship, but Isabella knows what Stacy and Candace were going to do one day. ("Spa Day") She also knows her name. ("Rollercoaster: The Musical!")
Even though they are rarely seen at the same time, Isaabella directed him and his evil date to a table in "Chez Platypus". In "Wizard of Odd", Doofen
witchWarlock wanted the boots from a crushed Suzy Johnson that were on Candace, but Isabella (as the Good Witch) said he had no control in the area has was in.
Isabella petted Perry in "Rollercoaster", saying that Phineas and Ferb could teach her some tricks. She also sang Come Home Perry with the boys, suggesting she likes him as well, even though she has Pinky as a pet. ("Oh, There You Are, Perry") She petted Perry again in "Phineas and Ferb The Movie: Across the 2nd Dimension" while hitting a baseball off of him out of the backyard.
Pinky the Chihuahua
Isabella likes Pinky and feeds him grilled cheese, but he, like most other dogs will run after cats ("Journey to the Center of Candace"). Isabella also seems to have given him some orders to him as he almost ate Candace, but Isabella told him to stop, which Pinky did.("Hide and Seek") She also took him to the Fireside Girls clubhouse one day, but he left since he was an O.W.C.A. agent. ("Isabella and the Temple of Sap") Except for the cameo in "Rollercoaster: The Musical!" and in "Phineas and Ferb The Movie: Across the 2nd Dimension", Pinky has not been seen since.
Isabella was orginally neutral to Irving, but as of "Phineas' Birthday Clip-O-Rama!", she seems to be more of a friend to him. In "Misperceived Monotreme", he thinks Isabella is cute.
Jenny doesn't appear as often as the other characters do, but Isabella seems to know knows her name ("Rollercoaster: The Musical!").
Isabella seems to be a enemy to him, since he is a poacher and she thinks that is wrong. ("The Chronicles of Meap")
She seems to know her as she said that she was the pretty girl on the math team (of which Baljeet may be in as well). However since Wendy was in only one episode and Isabella was never seen with Wendy, they have never interacted yet. ("Phineas and Ferb Christmas Vacation!")
Carl and Francis "Major" Monogram
Isabella treated Carl like a guest in "Undercover Carl" and played with him the most in the episode. She also said hi to his fake dad, who was Monogram. She also stopped Carl for a moment to give Phineas a kiss, then she told Carl to hit the memory-earasing ray that would erease the memories on those that saw Perry as an agent ("Phineas and Ferb The Movie: Across the 2nd Dimension").
Just like the 1st Dimension Isabella's relationship with the Fireside Girls, the Firestorm Girls always follow Isabella's orders and are always reading and willing to aid their leader, even risking themselves in order to allow the process to be carried out.
According to the Phineas and Ferb The Movie Magazine, Candace holds a special trust in Isabella, though this is never a subject in the film itself.
Buford Van Stomm
When she spots Buford with Phineas, Ferb, and their 2nd Dimension selves, she expresses disgust towards him and said to him, "...What do you want? I thought you were resisting us?" This makes it evident that she was affected in some way by Buford's departure from The Resistance.
1st Dimension Characters
In Phineas and Ferb The Movie Game: The Dimension of Doooom!, it is shown that she holds affection for Ferb, but this is never confirmed in the film itself.
At first she did not like him, but however she may have feelings for him, because in the Phineas and Ferb Across the 2nd Dimension video game, she blushed when Phineas complimented her idea about the Ninja glove.
Take Two with Phineas and Ferb
In this live-action/animated spinoff of Phineas and Ferb, Isabella is a stage manager and in some episodes is seen only once, but unlike the show she was first in, she has been seen in every episode so far. Some other times, she is helping out such as getting a soccer ball to a guest and screaming with the others. In the Howie Mandel episode, she accidently broke a window while trying to get a baton to him.
In this Disney Channel Original Movie, Isabella is seen helping Phineas and Ferb get a birdie on a platypult, and it gets the boys to Heinz Doofenshmirtz's building. Later she is seen in her Alternate form, while she talks to Regular Phineas. This Isabella also complains about finally being fashionable. She and the Firestorm Girls are around 2nd Dimension Heinz while the boys are tied up.
Isabella 1 is also seen in Danville 1 while Phineas and Ferb are in 2nd Dimension, while Buford and Baljkeet are trading cards, of which all three of them stay at that location until Phineas, Ferb, Candace, Agent P and Heinz 1 come back.
From the 2nd Dimension site: "If you've ever spent much time in Phineas and Ferb's backyard, chances are you've heard Isabella arrive and say "whatcha' doin?" Leader of the Fireside Girls, Isabella uses her resourcefulness to help the boys complete some of their larger inventions." "Isabella, the sassy and fashionable member of The Resistance spends her time resisting evil in the 2nd Dimension."
The regular Isabella helps beat the Normbots using the horse she rode in "Ain't No Kiddie Ride" and also does a sommersault below a robot while having a baseball launcher in her hands. The 2nd Dimension Isabella is last seen walking back to the 2nd Dimension with her friends and possibly starts a realtionship with Phineas 2, given the 1st Dimension's loving side seen in the series.
At the end of the movie, Isabella kisses Phineas, knowing that their memories will be erased thereafter. Phineas's response to the sudden, startling kiss turns out to be very intriguing: he instantly exclaims, "Isabella!" with a smile on his face, and once Isabella gives the OK for the day to be forgotten, he cries out, "Wait, wait, WAIT"- just as the amnesia-inator's ray hits them. The fact that his immediate reaction would be so pleasant hints that he has now just considered returning Isabella's affections. Also, his next step of action was to beg for the memory-erasing to be cancelled, or at least stalled, making it clear that he wanted to say (or do) something very important according to him. Something else to take into account is that Phineas had just agreed to sacrifice remembering the "best day ever" so that Perry could remain his pet. If he was about to request for their memories NOT to be erased, then in that split second, he was viewing his relationship with Isabella as more important than Perry's secret. Also interesting: if he wasn't considering to remember the whole day, but at least keep this one memory, then it is technical proof that Phineas does want to be "more than just friends" with Isabella and wants to form a real relationship. However, since the entire day was in fact erased from their memories, then it is unknown whether Isabella's kiss sprung open these feelings inside Phineas, or if these feelings are already laying in him, albeit being dormant/undiscovered.
Phineas and Ferb and Phineas and Ferb Ride Again
Isabella is a non-playble character in both games, but is seen off and on throught the game.
Phineas and Ferb: Across the 2nd Dimension
She is seen helping the player in her 2nd Dimension outfit and later is seen in her Old-Timey outfit and her resistance outfit from the 2nd dimension. She becomes a playble charactrer after the player goes into the Norm Bot factory. The Resistance Isabella tells after the player gets out to go into a robotic queen (from the episode "A Hard Day's Knight) to battle Norm. Once the player get out of the queen, the Resistance Isabella tells the player to do a few more things before the game ends and the player defeats Heinz Doofenshmirtz-1.
There are also some statues of Isabella that are buyable using tickets: Regular Isabella, Resistance Isabella, Animal Lover Isabella, old-Timey Phineas and Isabella, and Lawn Gnome Isabella with Baljeet.
She is not a playable character, but just like the other 2 DS games, she is seen off and on in the game.
Though not much is know of how Isabella came to be, there are two types of her before her current design: The first version (top) has her with brown hair, a light blue dress, a yellow bow, and a yellow belt as she, Phineas, and Ferb are entering Earth. The second version (bottom) has her in a red shirt or dress, short darker brown hair, but the same yellow bow. Alyson Stoner said that Isabella could have a new outfit for season 4, explaining she could have a gren dress instead of a pink one, but it is unknown if it will be the outfit.
Skills and Abilities
- Isabella is a very fast runner. ("Candace Loses Her Head", "Journey to the Center of Candace")
- Isabella is very strong for a girl her age, as she is seen holding Phineas in her hands ("One Good Scare Ought to Do It!"), can actually hurt Buford (a very tough bully) just by elbowing him ("Out of Toon"), can lift a book that is much larger than her ("Fireside Girl Jamboree"), with Baljeet's help, lift the seats from the Sun-Beater 3000 onto the paper airplane and is seen breaking a pencil with only her fist, ("Phineas and Ferb Summer Belongs to You!"), and can also lift a heavy processor without help, which only she and Buford can lift it, while Baljeet just fell down.("Ask a Foolish Question")
- Isabella owns roller skates and knows how to use them ("Bowl-R-Ama Drama").
- Isabella has shown a very large musical talent as she is an excellent singer ("S'Winter", "The Magnificent Few", "The Ballad of Badbeard", "Phineas and Ferb Summer Belongs to You!", "Wizard of Odd", and in several other episodes). Also in several of the songs, you can hear her singing alone. ("Where Did We Go Wrong?", "City of Love", "We Wish You A Merry Christmas", etc.) and she can play numerous musical instruments like:
- The tambourine, ("The Fast and the Phineas," "Don't Even Blink" and in other episodes.)
- The trumpet ("Don't Even Blink")
- The guitar and the key-tar with her right hand ("Tip of the Day", "Gaming the System," "Oh, There You Are, Perry" and in other episodes).
- The saxophone ("Take Two with Phineas and Ferb: Cedric the Entertainer")
- The violin ("Out to Launch" A Phineas and Ferb Family Christmas")
- She can also dance well, almost based on her voice actress ("Robot Rodeo"). She has also danced in "Put That Putter Away", "Day of the Living Gelatin", "Spa Day", "Fireside Girl Jamboree", and other episodes.
- Isabella is able to tell when someone else says her catchphrase, "What'cha doin'?", even when she is not near the person. She gets very upset if someone says it except for Phineas, ("I Scream, You Scream", "At the Car Wash", "That Sinking Feeling") and she does not let anyone say it to Phineas ("Out of Toon", "Suddenly Suzy"). She also feels a disturbance whenever somebody else says it ("Phineas and Ferb Christmas Vacation!"). Baljeet says it once to Phineas, but Isabella was not around and he said, "I sounded just like Isabella" ("Bowl-R-Ama Drama"). Buford once tried using Isabella's phrase but Isabella elbowed him before he could finish ("Out of Toon") Likewise, Isabella is not stopped by Phineas when she says his catchphrases in episodes such as "The Chronicles of Meap", "Cheer Up Candace", "That Sinking Feeling", and others.
- Isabella was the business agent for Phineas and Ferb when they direct a movie, which implies she is skilled in business. ("Lights, Candace, Action!")
- She has certain knowledge over being able to fly a small jet aircraft ("Phineas and Ferb Christmas Vacation!"), although she admits to being too young to drive ("The Secret of Success") despite knowing a lot about cars and engines ("The Fast and the Phineas," "The Secret of Success").
- Isabella is good at table football ("Got Game?").
- She can whistle with two fingers ("S'Winter", "The Fast and the Phineas").
- As shown in "Phineas' Birthday Clip-O-Rama!", Isabella knows how to edit videos, and can also recite somewhat disturbing blues poetry, at least about her Fireside Girls troop being under-equipped. The poem is a parody of the Allen Ginsburg poem Howl.
- Isabella is a great soccer player. Her skills were shown in the episode "My Fair Goalie".
- Isabella is clear-thinking when she is the middle of emergencies. She saved Phineas from a fall by having the Fireside Girls bind their sashes together ("One Good Scare Ought to Do It!"), got everyone running for safety when Doofenshmirtz's Big Laundry experiment went awry ("Swiss Family Phineas"), and she did a water rescue and administered first aid in the bio-dome on Adyson ("The Great Indoors"). When Phineas and Ferb were dull and boring due to Doofenshmirtz's Inator, Isabella was the only one of their friends to not be affected in any way when listening to Phineas and Ferb talk boring. Also, she was the only one who persuaded Phineas and Ferb to "think creative" in order to save Candace from falling ("Phineas and Ferb Interrupted").
- She knows how to ice-skate. ("S'Winter", "A Phineas and Ferb Family Christmas")
- There is plenty of evidence that Isabella is at least part Jewish. Her last name is Shapiro, traditionally a Jewish name. She has a mirror in her room that has a Star of David frame; this is a common symbol for Judaism. In addition, Isabella's mother, Vivian Garcia-Shapiro, went to a Mexican-Jewish Cultural Festival and often uses Yiddish phrases. Isabella says she celebrates Hanukkah instead of Christmas ("Isabella and the Temple of Sap", "Picture This", "Phineas and Ferb Christmas Vacation!”, "Phineas' Birthday Clip-O-Rama!", "Lotsa Latkes")
- She has a Jewish grandmother named Nana Shapiro. ("Lotsa Latkes", "A Phineas and Ferb Family Christmas")
- Isabella appeared as the good witch in "Wizard of Odd." During that episode, she wore a pink dress with a pink tiara and wand. She traveled through a floating eyeball as the good witch and her friends were the Patchkins.
- The character is named after series creator Dan Povenmire's oldest daughter who loves the show and enjoys that Isabella is named for her.
- Isabella has a pool in her backyard ("Rollercoaster", "Ready for the Bettys", "Day of the Living Gelatin").
- Isabella has a Chihuahua named Pinky who is revealed to be a secret agent in the O.W.C.A. like Perry ("Journey to the Center of Candace", "Comet Kermillian", "Interview With a Platypus", "Day of the Living Gelatin", "Hide and Seek", "Isabella and the Temple of Sap", "Rollercoaster: The Musical!", "Phineas and Ferb The Movie: Across the 2nd Dimension").
- Isabella is decended from a girl that looks exactly like her, who was friends with Dr. Phineastein and Ferbgor and had a picnic with the boy's big idea, a platypus monster (“The Monster of Phineas-n-Ferbenstein”).
- Her mother, Vivian Garcia-Shapiro calls her "Isa" for short. This is a common shortening of her name in many Spanish-speaking countries ("Hide and Seek").
- Her signature look and her Fireside Girl uniform switch on occasion ("Flop Starz", "The Fast and the Phineas", "Candace Loses Her Head", "The Flying Fishmonger", "At the Car Wash", "Candace's Big Day", "Robot Rodeo").
- She is the leader of Fireside Girls Troop 46231 ("Isabella and the Temple of Sap").
- She can use a much deeper voice, which can scare an unprepared listener ("It's a Mud, Mud, Mud, Mud World").
- "Robot Rodeo" reveals that when her hair frizzes when exposed to humidity.
- She seems to have an obsession with horses, especially fantasy colored ones or unicorns as shown in the episodes "The Magnificent Few", "Out of Toon", "Hail Doofania!", "Isabella and the Temple of Sap", and "Ain't No Kiddie Ride".
- "Jerk De Soleil", "Phineas and Ferb Christmas Vacation!", and "The Beak" shows that she reads the newspaper.
- She has been seen without her bow on a few occasions: as a pirate in "The Ballad of Badbeard", as a "ninja of love" in the performance of You Snuck Your Way Right Into My Heart in "Dude, We're Getting the Band Back Together", in a horse costume from "Got Game?", serving as a flight attendant in "De Plane! De Plane!", wearing a fedora in "The Beak"), in foreign costume during the song Bouncin' Around the World as well wearing a beret in City of Love in "Phineas and Ferb Summer Belongs to You!"), playing the Good Witch in "Wizard of Odd", her desert outfit in "The Great Indoors", and when she was dressed as a fairy princess for Halloween in "That's the Spirit". Isabella never wore her bow in "The Beak", though it may have been under her hat.
- She gets jealous when all credit or attention is taken away from her. Examples of this can be found in "The Chronicles of Meap", "That Sinking Feeling", and "We Call it Maze".
- She seems to have a short temper. An example of this is when she broke her pencil out of anger in "Phineas and Ferb Summer Belongs to You!".
- She owns a Mindy doll in "Picture This" and a "Quick E Bake Oven" in "No More Bunny Business".
- She was once a member of the Lil' Sparks and is now mentoring Melissa as revealed in "We Call it Maze".
- Dr. Doofenshmirtz commments in "The Chronicles of Meap" Character Commentary that he thinks Isabella is full of herself but cute.
- She is most likely a Stumbleberry Finkbat. ("Canderemy")
- The Shapiro part of her last name, in Hebrew, is שפירא.
- Isabella is a playable character in the video game version of Phineas and Ferb The Movie: Across the 2nd Dimension, which marked her first time that she is a playble character in the Phineas and Ferb video games. In this game she is playble in her regular outfit, her Resistance outfit, and her Old-Timey outfit. She is also a playable character in the World Hoverboard Tour online game, the Game Smash online game, and the Raceway Rumble game by luck from being a multi-player online game. She is also seen giving advice in Transportinators of Dooom! and Dimension of Doom for Isabella 2.
- She is clear-thinking when she is the middle of emergencies. She got everyone running for safety when Doofenschmirtz's Big Laundry experiment goes awry, saved Phineas from a fall by having the Fireside Girls bind their sashes together, and she did a water rescue and administers first aid in the biodome on Adyson. ("Swiss Family Phineas", "One Good Scare Ought to Do It!", "The Great Indoors")
- Isabella wears an outfit and bow similar to Helga Pataki of Nickelodeon's Hey Arnold!.
- The bow is also similar to another main Disney character: Marie the cat from The Aristocats, although Isabella's is more saturated of a pink than Marie's.
- Also Isabella almost never seen in her pink bow is similar to Pinch Raccoon in PB&J Otter, though Isabella is seen with many colored bows for the outfit she may have on.
- She has no eyebrows and is sensitive about it as revealed in "Learn to Draw Phineas and Ferb". However, scenes in some episodes such as "Canderemy" and "The Chronicles of Meap", accidentally include eyebrows.
- She is described as one of 2nd Dimension Candace's most trusted Resistance member (Phineas and Ferb The Movie Magazine).
- She's usually fearless but she did get frightened during some days ("One Good Scare Ought to Do It!", "Get That Bigfoot Outa My Face!", "Hide and Seek", "The Lizard Whisperer", "That's the Spirit").
- She is the second child to kiss someone on screen in "Phineas and Ferb The Movie: Across the 2nd Dimension" when she kissed Phineas. First was Baljeet when he kissed Wendy Stinglehopper. ("Phineas and Ferb Christmas Vacation!")
- She normally wears her hair without any adjustments except for the bow, but she has the hair modified in "Jerk De Soleil" and "My Fair Goalie" as a ponytail, and in "Candace's Big Day", she has a strand of hair going down between her eyes during the line "Foot stompin'" in the song Wedding Adventure.
- Dan Povenmire and Jeff "Swampy" Marsh are in talks of making a Phineas and Ferb spin-off that would have Isabella and the Fireside Girls as the main characters of the show. It is likely that the show will be seen first sometime in the middle or late 2014.
- Isabella appears as a princess for the first time in "Doof Dynasty", though in another dimension.
- According to an interview with Alyson Stoner on Magazine.ca: "Well, Isabella, to the naked eye, is the most adorable, cute and innocent, weird youngster. But, once you learn more about her, she’s actually quite capable and competent. She’s organized, she leads the Fireside girl troop, and she takes action. She has quite the crush on Phineas in the beginning, but he seems to remain oblivious and I think that’s part of the charm, his innocence towards her." While on her 2nd Dimension counterpart: "She’s authoritative and the commanding officer of the resistance movement, and forceful and rough around the edges! It’s funny to see her in something other than a pink dress and a smile on her face."
- Before Isabella made the "What'cha doin'?" catchphrase famous, Dory from the 2003 Disney/Pixar film Finding Nemo also had used this exact phrase.
- Unlike Candace Flynn and Stacy Hirano, she has not wore a 1-piece and a 2-piece swimsuit in the series so far.
- Isabella dressed up as a fairy princess for Halloween ("That's the Spirit").
- "The Curse of Candace" reveals she has a Bamboo plant named Bambina.
- She knows how to scratch records for rapping. ("Take Two with Phineas and Ferb: Larry King")
- Isabella appears to be one of the most slender Disney heroines, as her body is only about 30% of her head.
Songs Isabella has sung
Isabella has sung a number of songs in the series, with most of songs the coming in the start of season 2 onward. Also in many of those songs, she is usually heard singing at least one line by herself.
- "Go, Go, Phineas" (with the Fireside Girls, first singing role in production order, from the episode "The Fast and the Phineas")
- "In the Mall" (with Phineas Flynn, from the episode "The Magnificent Few")
- "S'Winter" (With Adyson Sweetwater and Gretchen from the Fireside Girls, from the episode "S'Winter")
- "Gitchee Gitchee Goo" (With Adyson Sweetwater, Milly, Gretchen, Phineas, Ferb, and Candace, first song sung in broadcast order, from the episode "Flop Starz")
- "The Ballad of Badbeard" (with the Fireside Girls (except Katie), from the episode "The Ballad of Badbeard")
- "The Flyin' Fishmonger" (with the Fireside Girls [Except Ginger] and Phineas, from the episode "The Flying Fishmonger")
- "Let's Go Digital" (with Baljeet and Buford, from the episode "Gaming the System")
- "Phintastic Ferbulous Car Wash" (with the Fireside Girls, Phineas, Ferb, Buford, and Baljeet, from the episode "At the Car Wash")
- "Come Home Perry" (with the Fireside Girls, Phineas, and Candace, from the episode "Oh, There You Are, Perry")
- "Spa Day" (with the Fireside Girls [Except for Adyson Sweetwater], from the episode "Spa Day")
- "Fireside Girls" (with the Fireside Girls, from the episode "Isabella and the Temple of Sap")
- "Atlantis" (With Phineas, Ferb, Buford, and Baljeet, from the episode "Atlantis")
- "Where Did We Go Wrong?" (With Phineas and Baljeet, from the episode "Phineas and Ferb Christmas Vacation!")
- "Danville for Niceness" (With Phineas, Baljeet, Buford, and Danville, from the episode "Phineas and Ferb Christmas Vacation!")
- "The Yellow Sidewalk" (with the Fireside Girls (aka Patchkins), from the episode "Wizard of Odd")
- "The Dad-inator" (own song)
- "City of Love" (2nd own song in the album version, with Ferb in the broadcast version, from "Phineas and Ferb Summer Belongs to You!")
- "Summer Belongs to You!" (with Phineas, Ferb, Candace, and the Fireside Girls, from the episode "Phineas and Ferb Summer Belongs to You!")
- "The Twelve Days of Christmas" (with the Phineas and Ferb cast on the Phineas and Ferb Holiday Favorites album)
- "We Wish You A Merry Christmas" (with the Phineas and Ferb cast on the Phineas and Ferb Holiday Favorites album, later heard in the episode "A Phineas and Ferb Family Christmas")
- "Let it Snow, Let it Snow, Let it Snow" (3rd own song on the Phineas and Ferb Holiday Favorites album, later heard in the episode "A Phineas and Ferb Family Christmas")
- "What'cha Doin?" (with Katie, Milly, Gretchen, and Holly, from "Rollercoaster: The Musical!")
- "Rollercoaster" [Heard Screaming] (with the Fireside Girls, Phineas, Ferb, and Buford, from "Rollercoaster: The Musical!")
- "Carpe Diem" (with the Phineas and Ferb cast, from the episode "Rollercoaster: The Musical!")
- "Pinhead Pierre Theme" (sung briefly with Lawrence Fletcher and Phineas Flynn, from the episode "Magic Carpet Ride")
- "With These Blueprints" (With Candace, Baljeet, Buford, and Heinz Doofenshmirtz, from the episode "Phineas and Ferb Interrupted")
- "Ferb Latin" (With Phineas, Ferb, Baljeet, and Buford, from the episode "Ferb Latin")
- ↑ http://www.livestream.com/nytimes/video?clipId=pla_97442b7d-ecaf-49ab-9aa2-0c32e181d6aa&utm_source=lslibrary&utm_medium=ui-thumb
- ↑ http://blog.al.com/entertainment-press-register/2008/05/disney_animator_sees_summers_i.html
- ↑ http://www.themagazine.ca/2011/07/27/interview-with-alyson-stoner-isabella-from-phineas-and-ferb/
- Isabella on Phineas and ferb Wiki
- Phineas and Ferb Wiki: Isabella Garcia-Shapiro
- Phineas and Ferb Wiki: Isabella and Phineas's relationship - More info on Isabella's relationship with Phineas
- DisneyWiki: Isabella Garcia-Shapiro - Full, complete page of Isabella with pictures and links
|Phineas Flynn | Ferb Fletcher | Isabella Garcia-Shapiro | Buford Van Stomm | Baljeet Patel | Candace Flynn | Vanessa Doofenshmirtz | Django Brown | Gretchen | Holly | Katie | Milly | Ginger | Adyson | Jeremy Johnson | Suzy Johnson | Stacy Hirano | Jenny | Mindy | Wendy | Coltrane | Irving | Carl | Johnny|
|Linda Flynn | Lawrence Fletcher | Heinz Doofenshmirtz | Charlene Doofenshmirtz | Mrs. Johnson | Danny | Swampy | Bobbi Fabulous | Dr. Hirano | Vivian Garcia-Shapiro | Beppo Brown | Major Monogram | J.B. | Roger Doofenshmirtz | P. P. Otter | Ben Baxter | Clyde Flynn | Betty Jo Flynn|
|Perry the Platypus | Pinky | Suzy's unnamed poodle | Biff | Herman the Hedgehog | Peter the Panda | Agent C | Agent D | Agent W | Agent C | Bucky | Goldy | Starnose Mole|
|Isabella | Gretchen | Holly | Katie | Milly | Ginger | Adyson Sweetwater | Candace|
|Phineas and the Ferb-Tones|
|Phineas Flynn (Singer/Guitarist) | Ferb Fletcher (Keyboardist)|
|Isabella Garcia-Shapiro | Gretchen | Milly | Adyson Sweetwater|
|Gitchee, Gitchee, Goo|