|Disney's House of Mouse|
|Created by|| Tony Craig|
|Opening theme||"Rockin at the House of Mouse"|
|Original channel|| ABC|
Disney's House of Mouse was an animated television series, produced by Walt Disney Television, that originally aired from 2001 to 2004. In the series, Mickey and his friends ran a nightclub frequented by many other animated Disney characters from throughout the company's animation history. The series was a successor to the short-lived Mickey Mouse Works, an earlier program consisting of original cartoons featuring Mickey Mouse and friends. The majority of the cartoons featured on House of Mouse were reruns from Mickey Mouse Works, although, classic theatrical cartoons were also regularly shown. The series was also created to commemorate and coincide with the anniversary of Walt Disney's birth. It should be noted this is the last Disney Channel show starring Mickey Mouse until Mickey Mouse Clubhouse on the Playhouse Disney block premiered in 2006.
The basic premise is that Mickey Mouse and his friends run a night club called the "House of Mouse in the middle of Main Street, which shows Disney cartoons as part of its floor show. Each episode features a framing plot revolving around the comic mishaps of Mickey and the other characters running the club, often with cartoons that fit the theme of the framing plot. which are used as wraparounds for various Disney cartoons.Many characters from Disney animated films (such as Aladdin, Pinocchio, Peter Pan, The Little Mermaid, Hercules, Sleeping Beauty, and many more) have appeared on House of Mouse, mostly as guests and attendees. The show included many relatively obscure and otherwise rarely-used characters from the films, often with speaking parts; however, appearances by characters from other media (such as comic books and television shows) were few and far between.
- Mickey is the club's owner, while Minnie Mouse manages the finances and show production. Other House of Mouse staff members include
- Greeter and Co-Owner - Donald Duck
- Reservation Clerk - Daisy Duck
- Head Waiter - Goofy
- Mascot - Pluto
- Mechanical Technician - Horace Horsecollar
- Chef - Gus Goose
- Gossip Columnist - Clarabelle Cow
- Parking Valet - Max Goof
- Huey, Dewey and Louie, with such alternating names as "The Quackstreet Boys, "The Splashing Pumpkins", and Kid Duck regularly performs.
- Pete is the club's greedy landlord, who often attempts to shut the club down for his own personal gain by sabotaging the show through various means, since Mickey's contract states that the club stays open "as long as the show goes on".