|Origin||Lower East Side Manhattan, New York U.S|
|Years active|| 1999–Present|
|Label(s)|| Island Def Jam (2009-Present)</small>|
| Associated |
| 3LW (1999-2007)|
The Cheetah Girls (2003-2009)
Adrienne Eliza Bailon is an American actress,singer-songwriter, fashion designer, and television personality. She was a part of the former girl group trio 3LW and The Cheetah Girls, and is known for her roles in the Disney Channel Original Movie of the same name and latter sequels which brought the group to prominence.
Early life and Career
Bailon was born to a Puerto-Rican mother and an Ecuadorian father on Lower Eastside Manhattan, New York. She has an older sister named Claudette. She attended the High School for Health Professions and Human Services in New York City. Bailon started to sing at age 5. In 1999 while Bailon was singing in a church choir, in which caught the attention of popstar Ricky Martin who asked for the best four singers and Bailon was chosen. But later Bailon was asked to join R&B girl group 3LW.
Bailon launched her acting career when she wast cast as Chanel Simmons on the disney channel original movie The Cheetah Girls in summer 2003. Bailon along with Kiely Williams and Sabrina Bryan became members of The Cheetah Girls and became a group. Bailon also had a supporting role on Disney Channel's That's So Raven which she played Alana. In 2005, she starred in Coach Carter.
In 2006, Bailon starred in the MTV-film All You've Got, along with R&B singer Ciara. The movie was released to DVD on May 2006 and premiered on MTV. On the same year, Bailon returned to film The Cheetah Girls 2. The movie premired on August 25, 2006 and brought a total of 8.1 million viewers, becoming the highest rated Disney Channel original movie and beating the premieres of High School Musical. Bailon also had the lead role in the comedy film Cuttin' da Mustard. She returned to film The Cheetah Girls: One World along with fellow member Kiley, and Sabrina. Filming took place in India. The film was the only film to not feature Raven-Symoné, who was an original member of the cast. The movie premiered on Disney Channel on August 22, 2008. Although the movie premiered to over 6.2 million viewers, it was the lowest rated premiere for a film in the series..
Bailon, along with Kiely Williams and Naturi Naughton, formed the girl group 3LW. The group released their debut album of the same name which had moderate succes in the U.S. Their debut single No More (Baby I'ma Do Right), peaked at #23 on the Billboard Hot 100, along with Playas Gon' Play which was favorable among fans but didn't share the same success of No More (Baby I'ma Do Right). The album peaked at #29 on the charts was certified platinum by the RIAA for shipping 1.3 million copies in the U.S. The group later returned with their second album A Girl Can Mack. The album was considered "racier" than there previous effort and dealt with negative publicity due to the departure of former member Naturi Naughton. The group later released a compilation album with the original lineup of the members and later disbanded.
The Cheetah Girls
Bailon along with Kiely Williams were cast in the Disney channel original movie The Cheetah Girls which later became a group along with Sabrina Bryan. The Cheetah Girls soundtrack debuted at #33 on the Billboard 200 and was later certified 2x Platinum by the RIAA due to the succes of the movie. The group later returned to film the sequel The Cheetah Girls 2, along with Raven-Symoné. The soundtrack to the movie released on August 15, 2006 and debuted at #5 on the charts and was certified platinum by the end of the year. The soundtrack had hit singles like The Party's Just Begun, and Strut which peaked at #85 and #53 on the Hot 100. The Cheetah Girls began work on their debut album in January 2006. However, when filming and recording for The Cheetah Girls 2 came up, the album was put on hold. "We'll be making a real album, not a soundtrack", Adrienne Bailon says. There debut album TCG was released on September 25, 2007 and featured the hit single "Fuego", which was a top 40 hit on the Hot Dance Club Play chart and received heavy rotation on Disney Channel and MTV 3. On 2008, the group filmed the The Cheetah Girls: One World. The soundtrack to the movie peaked at #13 on the Billboard 200 . In November 2008, Williams announced to Touch Weekly magazine that the group will be going its seperate ways and announced that the three are working on solo albums, that statement was also announced by Bailon herself. As of 2009, the group has disbaned.
Adrienne recorded two solo tracks for The Cheetah Girls: One World titled "What If" and "Stand Up". She went on to record two tracks for the 2009 romantic dramedy film Confessions of a Shopaholic titled "Uncontrollable" and "Big Spender".
Bailon started dating Rob Kardashian in the summer of 2007, and has appeared on the E! reality series Keeping Up With The Kardashians several times as a result. On an Interview with New York's WQHT Adrienne said she had a tattoo on her neck and it's a cheetah paw
In November 2008, racy personal photographs of Bailon ended up circulating over the Internet, taken for Kardashian on a laptop computer which Bailon has said was stolen while she was coming off a flight at New York's JFK Airport. The pictures were at first reported to be held for ransom as part of an extortion plot for $1,000, and were later leaked out. At the time, Bailon and her authorized publicist stated publicly that they would seek damages from whoever stole the computer and leaked the photos.
Johnathon Jaxson, a gossip blogger who claimed to represent Bailon publicly (in his regular gossip segment on Atlanta CBS affiliate WGCL-TV's morning show on November 11) confessed that the entire leak was a hoax perpertrated by him and Bailon to give a bump to Bailon's career. However, Jaxson has been chastised by the gossip community themselves as trying to drive more traffic to his own gossip blog, and is currently involved with a civil defamation lawsuit with Perez Hilton. At the same time, Rob's sister Kim Kardashian claimed a day later that a rumor that Jaxson set up a photo opportunity about her love life six months before was completely untrue. Currently who actually circulated the pictures is still in question, and since the WGCL interview, Bailon and Jaxson have not spoken on the matter. However in the aftermath of the photos being released, Macy's cancelled the appearance of the Cheetah Girls within their 2008 Thanksgiving Day Parade, citing "scheduling issues".
|2001||Taina||Gia||Guest role with other members of 3LW|
|2003||The Cheetah Girls||Chanel Simmons||DCOM|
|2004||That's So Raven||Alana||supporting role|
|Taylor Made||Madison Santos||Made for Television Movies|
|Coach Carter||Dominique||Theatrical film|
|2006||All You've Got||Gabby Espinoza||MTV film|
|The Cheetah Girls 2||Chanel Simmons||DCOM|
|Cuttin' da Mustard||Erma Topae||lead|
|2008||The Suite Life of Zack & Cody||Herself||guest role|
|The Cheetah Girls: One World||Chanel Simmons||DCOM|
|Keeping Up With The Kardashians||Herself||guest role|
|The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants 2||Girl Renting DVD||Cameo|
|The Cheetah Girls : Live el Concierto||Herself||A Cheetah Girls TV concert in Spain|
|Studio DC: Almost Live!||Herself||With The Cheetah Girls|
|Keeping Up With The Kardashians||Herself||guest role|
|2009||Four to the Floor||Myelene||Lead Role|
Albums with The Cheetah Girls
- 2003: The Cheetah Girls
- 2005: Cheetah-licious Christmas
- 2006: The Cheetah Girls 2
- 2007: In Concert: The Party's Just Begun Tour
- 2007: TCG
- 2008: The Cheetah Girls: One World
Albums with 3LW
Singles with 3LW
- 2001: "No More (Baby I'ma Do Right)"
- 2001: "Playas Gon' Play"
- 2002: "I Do (Wanna Get Close to You)" feat. Loon & P. Diddy
- 2002: "Neva Get Enuf" feat. Lil Wayne
- 2006: "Feelin' You" feat. Jermaine Dupri
Singles with The Cheetah Girls
- 2003: "Cinderella"
- 2003: "Girl Power"
- 2003: "Cheetah Sisters"
- 2004: "I Won't Say (I'm in Love)"
- 2005: "Shake a Tail Feather"
- 2005: "Cheetah-licious Christmas"
- 2005: "I Won't Say (GRRL Power Remix)"
- 2005: "Five More Days 'Til Christmas"
- 2005: "If I Never Knew You"
- 2006: "The Party's Just Begun"
- 2006: "Strut"
- 2006: "Step Up"
- 2006: "Amigas Cheetahs" featuring Belinda
- 2006: "Route 66"
- 2007: "So This Is Love"
- 2007: "So Bring It On"
- 2007: "Fuego"
- 2008: "One World"
- 2008: "Dance Me If You Can
- 2008: "Cheetah Love"
- 2008: "Dig a Little Deeper
- Xtreme feat. Adrienne Bailon - "No Me Digas Que No"
- Enemigo feat. Adrienne Bailon - "No Me Digas Que No"
- Xtreme feat. Adrienne Bailon - "Shorty, Shorty"
- 2002: Naughty on Xmas (Naughty or Nice)
- 2008: What If (The Cheetah Girls: One World)
- 2008: Stand Up (The Cheetah Girls: One World)
- 2009: Uncontrollable (Confessions of a Shopaholic)
- 2009: Big Spender (Confessions of a Shopaholic)
- 2009: Only You featuring Jay-Z
- ↑ Douglas Century (August 20, 2006). "A Song Before Dinner". New York Times. Retrieved on 2008-11-14.
- ↑ "Adrienne Bailon Information".
- ↑ Disney Channel's Cheetah Girls Beats Everything But Olympics
- ↑ Adrienne Bailon: How Robert Kardashian and I Make It Work People.com, February 5, 2009
- ↑ "3LW's History".
- ↑ http://web.archive.org/20090617105604/www.billboard.com/bbcom/esearch/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1003541465
- ↑ http://www.billboard.com./bbcom/news/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1003837844
- ↑ "Hot97 Interview".
- ↑ http://www.accessatlanta.com/entertainment/content/entertainment/stories/2008/11/10/cheetah_girl_naked_photos.html?imw=Y
- ↑ http://www.cbs46.com/video/17953437/index.html
- ↑ http://defamer.com/5084496/meet-jonathan-jaxson-americas-worst-disney-nudie+pic-crisis-manager
- ↑ http://www.actressarchives.com/news.php?id=13287
- ↑ Herald Wire Services (November 19, 2008). Adrienne Bailon may be to blame for Cheetah Girls’ Macy’s Parade miss. Boston Herald. Accessed 2009-01-10.